Rosh Hashanah / Congregation New Year Card
Rosh Hashanah / HONEY FROM THE HEART
Honey From the Heart is Temple Or Elohim Sisterhood's fundraiser, where you can buy Kosher 100% pure clover honey to give for Rosh Hashanah.
Honey and apples symbolize the sweetness of the New Year. Share sweet greetings with your family, friends and business associates.
We ship 8 oz. jars of Kosher honey, complete with your personalized message, anywhere in the world. Your gift will arrive in time for Rosh Hashanah 5775, which begins September 24, 2014 at sundown.
To order honey, click here and follow the EASY step-by-step instructions.
Order online by July 21 for FREE shipping.
After July 21, the shipping charge will be $4.00 per jar.
NEW or RETURNING MEMBER DISCOUNT INCENTIVE
Former Temple Beth Elohim members, special arrangements can be made. Please contact our Membership Coordinator at 516-932-5410 or e-mail email@example.com
For a limited time, we are offering a sensational New / Returning Member Discount Incentive. If you or anyone you know would like to join the Temple Or Elohim family, please click here for details of this offer.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are Judaism in modern times. From generation to generation we want all who enter our sanctuary to feel the welcoming spirit of our clergy and congregants. While staying true to our values as Jewish people, we strive to meet the needs of our congregants, our community and our people of Israel. We are a vibrant, inclusive family. We celebrate Shabbat, all holidays and provide a creative learning experience with participatory services filled with song, music and tradition. Join us and rekindle the joy of being Jewish as we explore the old and new during services from our Siddur, Mishkan T'Fillah.
Temple Or Elohim serves the surrounding communities of Jericho, Syosset, the North Shore and beyond.
- Full Time Rabbi and Cantor
- Personalized Attention to your Religious and Counseling Needs
- Officiate at Weddings, B'Nai Mitzvah Services, Shiva Minyans, Funerals
- Shabbat & Holiday Services
- Special Musical Shabbat Services
- Award-Winning, Creative and Energetic Faculty
- Kindergarten thru 12th grade Classes
- Small Class Sizes for Individualized Attention
- Family Workshops, Shabbat Dinners and Field Trips
- Morning or Twilight B'Nai Mitzvah Services
- Personalized B'Nai Mitzvah Preparation with the Rabbi and Cantor
- Continued Study for Confirmation and Hebrew High School
- Adult and Junior Choirs Led by the Cantor
- Informal Youth Education - Youth Groups
- Special Needs Class
- Personalized D'Var Torah preparation
- Men's Club
- Sisterhood Click here for 2014-2015 Sisterhood Calendar of Events
- Torah Study
- Hebrew Classes
- Shabbat Family Dinners
- Lecture Series with Guest Speakers
- Social Action and Community Involvement
- Blood Drives and Food Drives
- Adopt-A-Family Program
- Mitzvah Day
- Salute To Israel Parade
- American Cancer Society Breast Cancer Walk
- Institute of Adult Jewish Studies (IAJS) *** See details below
Hasson Caterers, our in-house caterer, has been in business for over 35 years. We are so pleased that they can plan and cater all of your Simchas including Kiddushes, afternoon and evening Bar/Bat Mitzvah parties, Bris, Baby Namings, Weddings, Anniversaries, Sweet Sixteens, etc. The beautifully renovated facilities include new Bride, Groom and Family rooms to make every member of the family comfortable during a party.
Please call Hasson Caterers at (516) 937-0120 to set up an appointment to meet with Scott Hasson or Shawn Farber. They will be delighted to guide you through the process and create a party that will be the talk of the town.
TEMPLE OR ELOHIM IN THE NEWS
The Institute of Adult Jewish Studies (IAJS)
The Institute of Adult Jewish Studies (IAJS) is a consortium of twelve synagogues (Reform, Conservative and Orthodox) serving Northeast Nassau County. Each fall, on Monday evenings, the IAJS offers thirteen weeks of lectures by world-renowned speakers on a wide variety of Jewish-related subjects. In addition, for eight of those weeks, classes by local rabbis and lay instructors precede the lectures.